• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G-PHoRCe

radeon 9700 pro, geforce ti4600, or parhelia, which is the must get?

I mean takin count also that the radeon is faster than the ti 4600 but still has some driver problem, and that the parhlia is supposed to be better than all of them but we haven't heard much about it.

Well, my roommate has a Silver Ti4600 and is selling it in order to get a 9700, if that means anything.

I Wouldent recomend the parphelia if you like gaming a little bit ... I was pretty shocked to see its "bad" performance...
but the 3 screen output is lovely ....

Radeon 9700

The Parhelia has that nice feature where you can spread the image over 3 monitors but since I don't have 3 monitors and the benchmarks on it are terrible I'd get a Radeon 9700 Pro. It's the king right now...at least until the Nvida .30 cards come out in November.

ya wait for nv30 to come then spend your money. this way the ti cards will be way cheeper and the 9700 and u will have the option of even a better card :]

The Matrox Peraphinalia is a great card, but I'd look into the new
Voodoo 2 1000 PCI if you want the best of the best. It'll play Rogue Squadron 3D and Mechwarrior 3 without a hitch :)

OC Noob said:
Generic S3 Virge is the way to go.

man you stupid Svidiots are all over tha place....everyone knows that The RageII C +DVD is the best card out there....:D

Hardware wise the 9700pro is far better than any other mainstream gaming video card available.

One problem that always plagues new products is drivers. ATI has historically had problems with initial drivers releases but seems to have improved that at least on par with Nvidiot's, err, I mean, Nvidia:D

So the 9700 will continue to improve with new drivers releases and when the NV30 comes out though the the hardware may be very good intitial drivers will bottleneck it's performance...initially.

-out.

For main rig performance and value, i prefer the ATI Mach 64 myself, but otherwise any of the old Trident cards work just as well, great resolution in MSPaint.

OC Noob said:
Generic S3 Virge is the way to go.

I have one!! It barely runs counterstrike actually. Terrible card.

Great for folding and 2d though. I think i have over 6 video cards...

Back