• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a cheaper place to buy: computer shows or online?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelvinblade

it seems like computer shows have some pretty cheap things but
less selection. but i guess u can save on the shippping. where do
u guys buy your stuff?

if you can avoid it dont shop at Harddrive.com, there site sucks, and they have crappy shipping time.:mad:

A lot of the time it depends on what you are looking to buy. Older stuff can be found cheaply at shows, and also hard-to-find items, but quite often new cutting-edge stuff costs more, because the dealers at shows aren't able to keep up with new price cuts. Also, you have to calculate whether taxes cost more or less than shipping costs incurred online.

The trouble with computer shows is the entrance fee. You have to tack on that plus sales tax to your purchases. The only advantage of the computer show is that you can see/hold/talk about the hardware. But, show sellers rarely are very knowledgable.

I personally shop online at some of the sites mentioned above I've had really bad luck with some of the stuff I bought at a computer show so I tend to stay away now

Back