• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40.71 works great for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

larva

Inactive Moderator
I downloaded the 40.71 driver along with the refresh rate fix v2 from guru3d and I love it. Nearly all the speed of 40.41 without all the rough edges. Good D3D performance, and the openGL is superior. Nice and bright in quake3, and an extra 10fps :D

How are they working out for the rest of you guys? I can't work up the ambition to try 40.52 as 40.71 seems o-so-right.

Same to me! :clap:

Only thing is, compared to the 40.52s, something with the refresh rate option is different, cause now (/w 40.71) every time my pc is rebooted, my Refreshlock is popped up - no clue why this happens (it didn´t happen /w any other Detonator). Maybe I have to play a little with the options in the driver settings!

Does anybody know if the integrated refresh rate fix of the 40.71s (WinXP) works properly??

I used the refresh rate fix v2 from guru3d and all is well.

Drivers are working great for me, I have seen some posters in other forums complaining of interface glitches. Even seen some screens of them, but nothing like that with me and I installed them over those 40.52 betas.

Haven't tested the refresh rate fix yet, still running Powerstrip for that and I have to take off for the weekend soon.

Yeah they are working good, check out my sig. 1000 point increase, or darn near it, cause I rounded a little bit. Now the quest for 12,000...

Working good for me. Lost a couple points over the 41.52's, but quality is better. Also display is brighter in games.

Bigsexy said:
Prob�s occured!
Driver is unstable /w my system. At least with UT2k3 my computer locks up after playing a while! Tried to slow down my graphics card a bit - still locks up! Installed 29.42 - all stable again!

Exactly the same problem here, and in more then one game. My system runs stable on these for a few days then goes to hell in a handbasket.

These beta drivers have more bugs then...i dunno, something really buggy...like a bee's nest or something :beer:.

Definately not sold on em...

EDIT: exact problem for me is page filing errors and infinite loop errors in the driver itself. Blah to beta drivers I say!

Last edited:
Hi,

In my case, found 2 games not working properly with 40.71 : FIFA 2000 does not start, and Rayman (M) has texture problems, so guys watchout!, there are still some glitches (all my other 40 games or so run fine)... I finally went back to 30.82 and all is fine.

Regards
FTC

Back