• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading my ram! *laptop*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
I want to upgrade the ram in my laptop to 512 megs. How should I do this? Do I contact Dell, or do I get some from pricewatch? What brand?

Well, there goes my last paycheck. Lol Is 179.00 a good price for 512megs of Samsung PC2100 DDR?

Thanks AZN.

Just watch out cos some laptops use generic sodimms and others use proprietry sodimms. Check for compatibility with your model before buying!

Thanks guys! I just ordered some that's just for the Inspiron 8200. A 512 meg Samsung stick. lol I see how it works. Thanks for the link AZN. :D

I just got my 512 meg stick in today, and it works great. :D

Ah, at last I was able to upgrade one of my PC's with out something messing up. LOL :p

Now you've gone and tempted fate :D

Kinda weird when nothign goes wrong, isn't it? The same thing happened when I built my last system (until I started OC'n it).

Congrats!

Thanks! :D

Unless you’ve seen a lot of my other posts, you wouldn’t know of all the problems I’ve had while upgrading, so this is a real treat for me. Normally, putting in a stick would have turned into a three day affair, and I would have needed to reformat somewhere in there. LOL

Now I need to get some more ram for my main pc. :eek:

Back