• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TOAST questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trainwreck

Does anyone know if the burn in program TOAST works correctly in win xp? When I run it everything seems fine except for very little rise in the cpu temps under normal priority than I seem to get a total lock up in high priority that requires me to reset to get out.I can't check temps either because the hardware monitor locks up intermittently,.only in high priority though .anyone have any idea what's going on or is this normal under high priority.

From my experience, High priority should almost do that. The system never locks up on me (in 98 anyway....), but the mouse moves VERY intermittantly, and programs update rarely. Everything but the freezes seems normal to me.

JigPu

I run oit in xp and yes, it will lock up if even just a little unstable. If it is stable then it will slow ALL programs to a crawl. This includes windows explorer and even the mouse.

Perfect, thats what it does but how do you shut it down once your into that situation.BESIDES RESET

CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work

If it is stable then it will slow ALL programs to a crawl.

that's what happens but I do have a mild oc I'm going to default then test again

are you sure it was not locked up completely? Does the numbers in the window title of toast stop changing? you may want to up your cpu volts.

Back