• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF1942 wont start...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sailor420

So, I went out and bought BF1942. I install it, try to start it... Bam. It plays the first credit (the EA symbol spinning), then minimizes itself. It is still running, but I cant open it. Any time I try to maximize it, it just minimizes itself again.

It may have something to do with my dual monitors. Are there any other problems with this? I am running XP.

It just blows my mind that EA would put out a game that doesnt even f*cking run. Im not about to tear my system apart and pull out the other vid card and lose my dualies because EA cant get their sh*t together and put out a functioning game.

I have this exact same problem, but not as frequently as you.

I noticed that it happened if I had Windows Media Player on in the background....

Sometimes the game will just shut down without warning.

Got it. Something open was killing it. I dont know what it was yet; I got mad and killed everything running, but I will figure it out. Thanks for the help!

What OS are you guys tring to run it on?
If its not actually purchased..(hint hint ;) ) you might have a crack error.

IF it is purchased Legally i will help out.
eitherway i will.

What OS you running it on?

XP. It IS a legally purchased version, thats what gets me so hacked off about it.

Paying $50 for a game that only works sometimes... Thats a bit ridiculous.

undo any refresh rate fixes. thats the problem, it has been scattered around other forums.

it would just start for me with the rivatuner 60hx refresh rate fix installed, than i uninstalled it and it started right up and worked fine.

damn game is a resouce hog, dont try to run lots of proggies and play it, you WILL get crashes

Back