• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual monitors, what exactly does it accomplish?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregory_WE

Does it just replicate what would be on one screen and display it on both, or is there a way for you to, say, have one program up on one, and another on the other?

I am running Dual 21" monitors on my ATI 9000 pro.

I have both configured as 1600x1200 and the card allows me to run both as 1 combined desktop (3200x1200). I can drag windows from one to the other or set hydravision to load windows on either at startup. I even figured out a way to have each one display different wallpapers:)

It's nice. I dont think I could ever go back to a single monitor again.

heh, well, I have 2 17" monitors sitting around doing nothing so it's worth a shot :)

Did a google search and it seems like I can have two different windows open on two different monitors.

Generally this is used to get the 'wide screen' appearance. You can see a lot more of what's going on, especially kick a*s in games. Drawback is it can be a little expensive and tie up lots of room. I too have a 21" monitor but can't convince myself to spend the extra $500 on an identicle monitor. Then ofcourse there is the, "where the hell am I going to put it?!" I'm sure if I had this set up I could never go back!

-out.

Ok well I have it set up, I have a big table so I have em right next to each other. Yeah with nView I can arrange it horrizontally or vertically.

What I'm wondering is... is there any way I can say have WarCraft III displaying on my 19", and have internet explorer up on the other (not talking about having them arranged horizontally and in windowed mode next to each other).

Hmm been exploring around there and haven't found anything... anyone know?

I already have it, I was looking at it and didn't find anything that would help my cause :)

My desktop is currently waiting for a GF4 4200, so I'm using my monitor to extend my laptop's desktop over, and dual monitors is the coolest thing I've toyed with in awhile. You can have tons of windows open at the same time and be able to see them all! As soon as I can afford it I'm going dual with my desktop, then maybe triple :p

Back