• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux + Audigy = ghey

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dieb

Does someone know if there is sound support for Sound Blaster Audigys anywhere for linux yet? Or when there will be support? Cuz this really sucks because I don't have sound in Linux...gotta use Windows :(

The Audigy is probably the best supported sound card in linux. I'd hardly describe it as, "ghey."

The kernel driver support should be quite good. Assuming you're using a 2.4.x kernel.

You may want to investigate the Sourceforge.net Audigy drivers. Since a new driver revision was just released. http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1

try a differnet distrobution. i think each distrobution has different driver support. redhat, mandrake, caldera, lycoris have pretty good support. those are the ones i've tried.

Yeah, I have red hat now but I was thinking about trying Lycoris.
In no way did I mean the Audigy was "ghey"...just referring to my situation because I'm new to linux stuff.
Thanks for the url's though..should get it workin shortly.

the new mandrake release finds and installs Audigy during instalation, so its an absoloute joy for me, espicially since im a n00b to linux :D

Back