• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exhaust18

Registered
My specs are:

Gigabyte 6VTXE-A Socket 370 M/B
Pentium III 667mhz (133mhz FSB) @ 750mhz (150mhz FSB)
512MB of PC133 memory
192MB of PC100 memory
Maxtor 20GB 7400rpm h/d
Maxtor 60GB 7400rpm h/d
Geforce 4 MX 440 (AGP)

My problem is that I can't get a p3 866mhz (133mhz FSB) processor to boot at all with my motherboard. My m/b uses switches on the motherboard to select cpu/fsb. My m/b also supports all p3 FCPGA & FCPGA2. The processor works on another computer but not mine for some reason. What could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

to clear the CMOS, look for the little round battery on your motherboard. Take that out for like 10 min and stick it back in. Then it should auto detect your new processor...

If the MB can handle the newer processor of course... Have you checked the Specs for your MB...

/Norrko

Norrko said:
If the MB can handle the newer processor of course... Have you checked the Specs for your MB...

/Norrko

If it will handle a 667mhz PIII and tualatin PIII's, it will handle an 866mhz PIII.

Hmmm... what exactly happens? Do the fans spin up? Any beeps?

David

how high is the PC100 running at?

make sure the cpu is sitting properly and try it with the FSB set to 100MHz. make sure also that you have the correct vcore selected.

Last edited:
Back