• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you had the money...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I went with a XP2000+ but it seems a LOT of people are having sucess with the 1600+...can get a pretty good OC outta them

Spec

I'm going to get a couple of XP1600+ CPUs and hopefully get XP1800+ or better speeds out of them (1.53Ghz+).

I hope I get the ones which have the L5 bridges closed.

David

SickBoy said:
I would wait and get the b-revision TBred 1800+ chips..... 2.2-2.4 GHz is likely outta those.

:eek:

I may just wait then :p

David

David said:
I'm going to get a couple of XP1600+ CPUs and hopefully get XP1800+ or better speeds out of them (1.53Ghz+).

I hope I get the ones which have the L5 bridges closed.

David

No... hope for agoia's. The ones with the L5 bridges closed are early steppings that do not overclock well.

Caffinehog said:

No... hope for agoia's. The ones with the L5 bridges closed are early steppings that do not overclock well.

Ah. Lets hope I get a decent stepping.

Just to double check what has been asked 1 billion times, it doesnt matter if I short the metal underneath, does it?

David

On the L5 bridges, you do NOT have to fill the gap first. On the L1's, you do.

The AGOIA steppings for $53 from Newegg will do 1733 MHz. I've got three of them and all will do 1733. I also have two AROIA XP 1600's I got a while back that will do 1800 MHz.

All of those overclocks were at default voltage, too.

cmcquistion said:
On the L5 bridges, you do NOT have to fill the gap first. On the L1's, you do.

The AGOIA steppings for $53 from Newegg will do 1733 MHz. I've got three of them and all will do 1733. I also have two AROIA XP 1600's I got a while back that will do 1800 MHz.

All of those overclocks were at default voltage, too.

XP2100+ speeds out of an XP1600+? Sounds pretty good for a crap stepping. Perhaps its just FSB OCing it doesn't like.

David

In my experience, CPU's don't care about FSB or multiplier overclocking. They can't tell the difference. It's usually other components that cause FSB overclocking to choke. Memory, motherboard components, voltages...

Back