• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need a new soundcard bad...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaneda

i currently have a sb live :eh?: , really need a better soundcard

here are the 2 i was looking at purchasing..

VOYETRA TURTLE BEACH SANTA CRUZ
-
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer

just wondering how these 2 stackup against each other.

any help appreciated,
Drew

Whats so bad about sb live, and why are you going to spend more money on something that doesnt really matter? Why do people need anymore than onboard sound, it works great for me and all my friends.

Neither one of those two cards will be that much better. I have the Audigy Gamer card and love it, but from what I hear it isnt that big of a step up from a Soundblaster Live 5.1

its crappy, for some reason its restricting the volume of my speakers..... dont know why but my speakers will not get loud at all where as i plug them into my dads system and they get much louder (some kind of onboard sound on a hp system)

I'd be amazed if the problem is your soundcard. The best onboard sound is about a generation behind the SB Live, and the chipsets loaded into HP's are a generation or three behind that.

If volume is the problem, my money says that one of your volume controls is limiting the peak volume. Windows has twenty or thirty of these controls (I exaggerate only slightly) and one can cap the output of your sound system.

Dig through them, starting with the master volume control and working through all of your media players, and make sure they are all turned up to eleven. Then use the volume dial on your speaker, or through your keyboard if you have hotkeys, to control the volume.

BHD

ive did that, EVERYTHING is max output! still no go, even my keyboard is all the way up.

:/

Back