• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any idea why my WinXP does this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Makkarah

Once in a while my windows xp decides to hide tooltips for system tray behind the taskbar. That's very annoying since I like to check out my Seti status once in a while.

If I move the taskbar to up or left or right, this problem doesn't happen. Then I move it back to down where it used to be and bang! tooltips again behind taskbar. :(

arghwindows.jpg

thats probably because you have the taskbar option to "show always" on. when that happens try to click somewhere on the taskbar first then check the seti status.

oTTO said:
thats probably because you have the taskbar option to "show always" on. when that happens try to click somewhere on the taskbar first then check the seti status.

Done that, I usually click on the taskbar. Doesn't change a thing. Quick Launch icons display tooltips right how they should though...

Unfortunately, the only way I know of to fix that annoying problem is (like oTTO suggested), under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"...uncheck "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows". It was an annoyance in the first release of XP, as it is with the SP1 release (it didn't seem to have been fixed by the installation of SP1, as far as I can tell anyway). :(

Makkarah said:
Once in a while my windows xp decides to hide tooltips for system tray behind the taskbar. That's very annoying since I like to check out my Seti status once in a while.

If I move the taskbar to up or left or right, this problem doesn't happen. Then I move it back to down where it used to be and bang! tooltips again behind taskbar. :(

arghwindows.jpg

the same thing happens from time to time on my win xp pro... don't know what causes it but if i just unlock the taskbar, move it up and down, that seems to fix it.

I would like to bring this thread back into the public eye as this problem is haunting me and no doubt a few others.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix it?

Same , problem.....but different

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, SORRY , but I dont know how to fix it either...NOW I have the problem with the task bar not wanting to go over the netscape window, or any other, like now, I have to shrink this window to get to the taskbar....any ideas anyone??
Yes, by the wayl, I have tried unlocking and locking the toolbar....

UPDATE
there is also a button to make it ride on top of other windows..... that is the one that needs to be checked......

Last edited:
Re: Same , problem.....but different

isnt there an option on XP to "always show" the task bar?

Back