• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

freezing and R9700 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedHat

Registered
Has anyone solved the puzzle about the R9700 pro freezing after the 6178 driver ??
from what ive learned it has nothing to do with OC'ing, ram timings, agp app size, volt, my psu = enermax 350W, xpSP1 or even XP without sp1

ive basically given up atm... just waiting for the salvating driver release fra ATI :eek:

- Redhat

If you are refering to thr lockups you get in the likes of Battlefield 1942 or Mafia then ATI have released a patch that needs to be installed in safe mode for this issue.
If you go to ATI site and look for "issues with games" and you will find the link there.Or go to www.rage3d.com forums and look for issues like that there. That site is specifically for ATI card users.

Cheers

i get lock ups on 3d mark will all drivers ecpt the ones on the cd and those dont have the updated software stuff that the newer has s and they also give me lots and lots or lines in some games when im loading a saved game after the load its ok so what should i do ???

I just got my Radeon 9700 today and am using the newest driver. 3dmark doesnt lock up on me. I have that crashing problem with bf1942 also. Ahh but Ut2k3 looks so Purdy now!!

BF1942 is weird for me to. I have a radeon 8500LE and an XP1800. I usually run my fsb at 148 but for some reason in BF1942 I get lock ups at 148. I have never had a lock up on RTCW, DAOC, Q3 or CS. I think something is screwy with BF1942. I guess I will have to do more research.

Back