• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor to dark! please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flow

Hello!

I’m having troubles with my monitor. Thing is he’s kinda dark. Even with its brightness at max.
It has always been this dark, but it grew a bit on me lately because I’m dieing to use dark/black windows skins…and that's just impossible, being so damn dark.
Anyways, I adjust the brightness in the display properties (settings -> advanced->colour corrections). Display’s perfect when I crank brightness up a bit.
The big problem is: every time I play a game it resets brightness settting to default.
And that’s very, very annoying. This means I have to re-adjust brightness in the display properties every single time I start/reboot my system.
How can I get around this?
Or is there a way to change the default settings themselves? In that case there would be no need to load a brightness correction on start-up.

Further information: Windows XP professional, Geforce 3 Ti200 with v29.42 driver
Driver version does not affect this problem. I’ve tried them all :(

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry to tell you that it's giving up the ghost...
I had the same problem last year, resetting everytime you did something with the resolution or refresh.

/Norrko

Hi Norkko,

Thanks for the reply but I don't think "it's giving up the ghost".
Like I said, It has always been this dark. I just never tried doing something about it because there was no real need to do it. And still adjusting the brighness works perfectly.
My real problem is that the brightness adjustment is not persistent (sp?). Everytime I launch a game, or other program with brightness/gamma correction, my windows setting are back on default. a real pain in the ... well, you know what I mean :D

Thanks anyway

Back