• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS K7S5A SiS® 735

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bubba gump

is this a good mobo, its socket a and its on sale at newegg, im really convinced of buying it, and by me looking it over it seems good (like that says much :D), its brand new and from newegg.com

im wondering if anyone knows nehting about this like if uve used it, r if the company has had a bad reputation r like if theres any bad things about it. here is the product link to newegg

here it is.

i personally wouldn't get it. i have gone through 2 of them and there are people on here that have gone through more then me.

for the price you can get alot better more stable mobos

I would say get it depending on your use. For a main system I would say no. For a nice 1600+ system like a spare I would say definetly. I am using this mobo as a backup with a 1600+ and it's great. It's pretty simple. So if you have like $200 and you want another system definetly go for this one.

You might try looking at your local computer stores for this board. I found one at Fry's Electronics and it was reduced to $40.00 US because it didn't have the cables or the CD that comes with the Board.

I picked up for $43.40 out the door.

This board does have limitations to O/C.

But it is cheap!

you can get a good stable ABIT board from newegg for under $60 in their refurbs. I saw an ABIT kr7a for $52 and a kx7-333r for $62

I have a kx7-33r and couldn't be more pleased with it

I love the k7s5a. Just look through this topic, and you will see many positive comments about it. The onboard lan is nice, and you can use either sdram or ddr. No, it isn't an Abit, but it is also super cheap.

I would add that I have had good luck overclocking with mine. I currently use one on my semi-main system. It does well with a 1.1 t-bird running at 1.4+.

flounder43 said:
I love the k7s5a. Just look through this topic, and you will see many positive comments about it. The onboard lan is nice, and you can use either sdram or ddr. No, it isn't an Abit, but it is also super cheap.

I would add that I have had good luck overclocking with mine. I currently use one on my semi-main system. It does well with a 1.1 t-bird running at 1.4+.

im with flounder43 on this one. its an incredible stable board for me. some poeple do have problems with them, but id say no more than any other motherboard (with the exception of msi boards IMHO)

this board majors on stability and price.

hermmm, i think ima gonna buy this one but im still lookin, thx for all the input very much all of you.

i had read somewhere in the forums that u cant do the connection of the L1 bridges trick on the K7S5A..is this true??

uuuuhhhh. That would be unlocking, and it is performed on the cpu, not mobo. so i think you could.

wow the refurb of it is like 33.99........yeh i think ima gonna buy it, and yes ima using it as a main comp, w/a 1600+ gonna be my first homebuilt computer so it should be fun doing the work....

There is a volt mod that you can do to increase the cpu voltage. I'm very happy with this board. Best $100cnd I ever spent. I guess this board is a hit and miss with some people. Probably due to the quality/production of the board.

alrighty thx hduong, i am thinking of foing a vmod on it....im hoping to order the refurb within the next few days......as long as they keep in stock :/

Edited

Last edited:
oh yes what are the necessary cords that i would need coz its a refurb and doesnt come with the cords and this disk and book.

if i remember correctly it doesn't come with any cords other the 1or2 ide cables

Here's what you get in the box

MB
Face plate
cd with driver and software
ide floppy and hd cable
manual

Back