• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aroia Y XP 1600+ Unlock Success

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BinarySuperman

Well I finally decided to unlock my 1600+ and man this chip rocks, i uped the multiplier to 11.5x133 (XP 1800+) and ran prime 95 for 12 hours with no errors or lockups, and to top it off my temps are crazy low, these are my load temps...

p.s. i moved the cpu heat sensor upward so it touches the cpu:)

I have two of those chips in my dual. I've overclocked them to 1800 MHz at default voltage. AROIA is the best stepping I have come across on XP1600's. My AGOIA chips top out at around 1733-1750 MHz and default voltage.

BinarySuperman said:
Well I finally decided to unlock my 1600+ and man this chip rocks, i uped the multiplier to 11.5x133 (XP 1800+) and ran prime 95 for 12 hours with no errors or lockups, and to top it off my temps are crazy low, these are my load temps...

p.s. i moved the cpu heat sensor upward so it touches the cpu:)

What kind of fan are you using on your AX-7? TT 75cfm fan? Is that one of the smart fans or something? How loud do they get?

well i dont have ur beautiful ram, nor a good motherboard, so i'll have to wait on the 2ghz:D

yeah im running a Tt smart fan 2, its pretty loud but i dont mind the noise, i'll try to hit 1800mhz with this chip.

My bet is you'll max out the system b4 you max out the CPU, so go for it! set it at 12.5 and start upping the FSB as high as it goes!

zachj said:
How does your TT SMart Fan run so fast? Mine only runs at 5012 when it's cold, then slows down to 4947RPM....

Z

this is TT Smart fan 2, it has three options, full speed, heatcontrolled speed, and manual controlled speed, just see how you can just directly connect it to the PSU. doing that will make it run at the fastest speed, also every fan is different and every RPM reader is also different, that may be another reason for you not getting same speeds

yeah i have it on full speed. i'll put it on 12.5x133, then if its stable i'll up the fsb 1mhz per day.

try 12.5x150 i bet it will work.

just set your CPU vcore on 1.85v and your ram at 2.7v or 2.8v if you got good case flow

What settings does the board have for vdimm? Crucial PC2100 should take 166fsb CAS2 or 2.5 depending on your luck (Most likely CAS2 with one stick) and 2.85v.

Yodums

i have the option to make it cas 2, should i? my vdimm is at 2.65v. i doubt my system will do 12.5 x 150, but i'll try.

Yes, run at CAS 2 at all costs. You will get better system performance with CAS 2, even at a lower clock speed (up to a point, anyway.)

aroia are pretty good, i got a aroia 0213 y p95ing at 1985 right now locked.

my agoia y 0213 did 190*10.5 so its nt better yet but i think it will be in the long run

Well I finally decided to unlock my 1600+ and man this chip rocks, i uped the multiplier to 11.5x133 (XP 1800+) and ran prime 95 for 12 hours with no errors or lockups

Looks pretty good.

my agoia y 0213 did 190*10.5 so its nt better yet but i think it will be in the long run

I hope my Aroia Y can run at that, just need a motherboard to use it on :D

Last edited:
well i got my system up to 1700mhz, thats a 300mhz overclock, man i gotta say this cpu is a beast, im also running the ram at cas 2 with turbo settings, the cpu is @ 12.5 x 136

trust me the chip has lots of room, ive got to test 10 or more agoia y 0213

and several aroia and agoia 4 and 9 s

havent had one yet that wouldnt do over 1900 mhz

i need better ram and a better motherboard to reach 1800mhz+ so far im @ 1.7 Ghz STABLE but it wont go more, lemme give it some time.

Back