• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Integrated Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rav

Hows driver support for integated video, sound, lan? I was thinking of building a simple box to play with linux on (faster than my PII), and having built-in features would be an advantage price wise. Here are the boards I'm looking at: Biostar M7VIQ and the Asus A7N266-VM for $10 more. Thanks in advance!

-Rav

Depends on the onboard chip. Intel stuff is supported, with 3D even. Sis and Trident too, although their support is a bit spottier I think.

If all else fails, you can use the Vesa driver although it will be slow as heck.

The Biostar has a Savage 4 and AC'97 2.2, not sure what the network is but it works with Yatta Linux (our folding distro). The Asus is an nForce1.

-Rav

Hate to bump, but I'd like to make my purchases Monday, so any info now would be appreciated! Thanks!

-Rav

Rav said:
The Biostar has a Savage 4 and AC'97 2.2, not sure what the network is but it works with Yatta Linux (our folding distro). The Asus is an nForce1.

-Rav

Well, if you are just going to sit and fold, video and audio don't matter. I think you can get 2D on the Savage, and the AC97 probably works. Nvidia has Linux drivers for all the Nforce stuff.

Back