• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

•Will Any Of These Fit?•

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted

Xtreme Tech Team Refugee
will any of these heatsinks fit on the gigabyte 7DPXDW ?

• ax-7
  • slk-6
  • slk-800

i am getting temps of:

CPU0
32C

CPU1
30c

with a ambient temp of
25c

and this is in the bios with it just idling (i ordered xp pro and it isnt here yet)
i am using 2 glaciator IIs right now with as3..i followed the directions.

i have this set up for fans:

intake:
1 80mm in front
1 120 mm over hard drives
1 120mm panaflo over the cpus

outake:
1 92mm blow hole
1 60mm delta

if i can take a pic i will soon..but i might try and draw it. but any suggestions are good i am trying to keep mmy load temps in the mid 30s like my single proc. i am using two amd 1800+'s MP by the way.

not my actual case but the stock case:
=.jpg

i modded it by taking out the side fan holders and cutting holes for two 120mm fans to put mount them directly on the window

Last edited:
those are pretty decent temps. You sure you want to spend more money, when you might not get much improvement? Besides, the Glaciator II's are supposedly some darn quiet heatsinks. You may not get the same performance for the same amount of noise.

well i have some extra money i just want to get the best temps i can get from air

Those are good temps, and the SLK600 will fit on that board. The SLK800 might, but it'd be tight. I wouldn't risk it. Those temps seem fine anyway.

Back