• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

colorbook LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I have a gateway2000 colorbook laptop and i want to use it's LCD as a monitor. i know I need to remove the CLD, that should be no problem, but how will I hock it up to my 2nd video card?

Here's a pic of one (not my actaul one but that's the same one)

A lot of people seen to think that they can easily interface a laptop monitor to their PC. While it is possible, most people don't have a clue what's involved. While some LCD panels have built-in controller, most, including ALL laptop displays DO NOT. Laptop displays are dummer than dirty and everything needs to be done externally.

Have a look here.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I am so tired of hearing this question asked for the umpteenth time.

It's too expensive and not worth the hassle. The end.

Well from the loock of mine it has a bunmch of circuit boards on it as is. and the knobs for color and contrast are built in to it as well. i''ll get some decent pics later. Here is a pic with all the lables I found on it.

Unless the circut boards are for the purpose of converting an analog signal to a digital one, your going to have to spend some cash. If you want more info, you can do a search in the forum and there should be about 4 threads with some good links and such. The only problem, is that the search doesn't seem to like the term LCD.

i lost the link, but there is a card you can buy that is pretty much a laptop screen vid card., but then your regular monitor will not work.

hmmm...well now i've got an extra screen here. unles that card you speak of pis pci i cant use that. i'll look into it again later, would make a cool mod :)

Back