• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 1942: what comes with harder difficulty levels?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

I was just thinking...you know how you raise the diff levels from "easy" to "normal" and so forth? Well, what exactly are the differences in each? Do the bots just get more accurate and aggressive? Or does your weapon get less accurate? Just something that popped up in my head.

:confused: good question. if the bots just get more aggressive i'll still snipe them with no problem but if my gun get's less accurate too then that would definatly get more difficult.
i think the bots might get more hits before they die too.

I think the difficulty affects the bots AI, not weapons fire and such. On the lowest (easiest setting), you'll notice the bots running around like newbs, not really knowing exactly what to do, and being less aggressive and less accurate. On the higher settings, the bots get more aggressive, and play more like a team, taking over and defending areas from the nme, and paying attention to calls.

Okay, I was just wondering. I was hoping that my amazing sniping wasn't just because of the easy level ;). I'm glad it's not though.

I assume that in the harder levels, it's better to be an assault or medic because the bots get more aggressive and rapid fire, over better shot, might be more benefitial. Don't you think?

Be whatever you play best as. ;)

However, the one thing I hate is how inaccurate the shots are in multiplayer. Looks like the makers didn't do any real network testing over the internet, since lag seems to play a big part in how accurate small arms fire is. Yet in single player, your shots can be dead on since theres no lag to deal with.

I hope they make a patch to deal with the lag. Too many times I've been shot by laggers who merrily run along getting kill after kill.:mad:

for some reason sniping even a standing/non-moving target online is a pain in the a**... maybe it's just me, but sometimes i will tag someone in the head and they don't go down. they really need to come up with a few fixes, but at least it looks like they will be supporting mods.

btw- my pings online are never over 100

Back