• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speaker Opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pauldriver

Last edited:
Are you getting those for your computer or home use?

If its for your computer then get the logitech Z560 or the klipsch 4.1's

If its for home theater then forget it.

MEAT BAG said:
Are you getting those for your computer or home use?

If its for your computer then get the logitech Z560 or the klipsch 4.1's

If its for home theater then forget it.

Why?

A mixture of uses, PC based DVD and Digital TV in the bedroom, where the PC is located, plus gaming.

Z560 has a lower wattage output (51 watts) and is not 5.1.

the klipsch 5.1 are about $500.00 plus shipping.

Paul

nealric said:
If space is not an issue, go buy yourself a REAL stereo and hook that up. It would cost about the same but sound 100000000000 times better.

Yes, I could purchase an RCA 5.1 Reciver and Speaker package for 299.99, but space is a bit of an issue. I'm looking for a neater solution.

Wattage is not everything. But if you looking for 5.1 then i cant help you.

I run Klipsch at home and they are incredible. The only downside is that I live in a condo and I have to keep the sub turned way down so I don't make the neighbors mad.

yfan said:
klipsch 5.1 can be had for $350 shipped

Where? I could only find used for that price.

+ 169.99 for the ProMedia DD-5.1 Dolby Digital decoder.

But I'm flinching, the 5.1 Digital Dream Multimedia System is 499.99 list and is just a bundle of the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speakers and the DD-5.1 Dolby Digital decoder.

http://store.klipsch.com/details.asp?prodID=24

But still $285.00 for the DigiTheater DTS compared to $499.99 + say $20 for shipping on the 5.1 Digital Dream Multimedia System that's a difference of $234.99.

Do I need 500 watts for a bedroom system?
I really want the SPDIF input into the speakers for the HDTV card. The SB Live does a cruddy job with the audio from the HDTV Card.

I'm also considering a small sony decoder and speaker bundle designed for their HDTVs, it's 200 watts, small, pretty, and has a remote. I can get it for about $400.00

Of course, for $300.00 I can buy a Dolby Digital reciver and speaker bundle, but that eats alot more room.

Thanks for all of the input guys.

I have thinking to do.

Paul.

if your not hoping for true sterio ( not meaning channels:)) sound, then that will be fine, but really u would need to get a full set of floorstanders and a 100 watt per channel receiver with DTS:)

Cheers, Turando

Back