• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2200+ Probs hitin 2ghz @ 166fsb how come?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

:mad: Currently I been trying my best to get the 2ghz mark. Anything over 1978Mhz Pretty much crashes in Sisoft burn in. My vcore is at 1.825 at 1978. I burnt it in today for 200 times on high stress in sisoft. Im also using CPU Cool prog to help temps. It says 43c in my taskbar and high's of 46c. Motherboard is 44c. Why can't I get the 2ghz mark at all? I tried 165x12 = 1992mhz gives me blue screen of death in XP pro. I also tried 11.5x174 = 2001mhz still no 2ghz mark :'( . Also sometimes when I boot to 1992 or so I can bootup then I get freeze in bios. My ram is at 2.85v , if I go any higher she locks up captin. Any help to get me to the 2ghz mark would be apreciated thx. ;)

ReTiCuLeX

i dunno why alot those 2200+'s barly make 2 ghz or higher thats why i never got one u might need to go water cooling. With those hot arse 2200+ 2 ghz is almost imposible on air

sounds like its a bum chip man.i could tell right away mine would easily do over 2ghz. im running at 2 ghz with 1.725 vcore.what you are describing is the same way my xp1600 acted.i got just 150mhz oc when everyone else was doing 3-400. i was so bummed.i feel for ya. mabey sell it in forums or ebay. and get a 2400 and spin that around the block.

2400+ , my friend is buying my old pc parts off me in trade of a 2400+ i told him to order on newegg. I can't wait till he orders it lol. btw Deathstar I have same exact stepping you have. I still dont get why Im not geting 2ghz , if I have same stepping AIRGA 9 week 34

The 2200+ uses the first revision of the Tbird core, wich didnt fare all that better than the palomino did when it came to clock frequency, and the first revision tbreds also ran very hot despite thier smaller die size, and that was it's drawback, the core was smaller, therefore heatsinks were having a harder time gathering the heat from such a tiny die. However AMD has fixed these issues by releasing the second revision tbreds. However I don't believe they have arrived to the public as of yet :(

ReTiCuLeX said:
[B Im also using CPU Cool prog to help temps.

ReTiCuLeX [/B]

All that program does is throttle down your cpu. If you can't keep your temps under control at full load, the overclock won't be of much use, anyway, because when you need to use your computer at full load (playing a game, folding or crunching) you will need to keep the cpu cool without software help.

I echo OCDetective's concern. If that's really your case temp, something is wrong. Try taking the sides off and see what happens. If it helps, get a nice big 5inch case fan and cool that sucker down..

Ive done that before and droped my temps about 8 degrees F. The reason I don't wana do it is cuz I got a kickass lookin case with window an light an to have it open I just hate to. Ive had almost every case in the past with my 5inch fan blowing in but it looks retarded lol. The only time i'll see myself doing that again is if im desperate to overclock some more a.s.a.p due to CPU geting outdated. I got a pretty nice water cooling setup , but I got a cheapo pump so Im saving up for a new Ehiem pump before i put that sucker on. I got um Big square radiator with 120mm sunon fan , 1/2inch hose an fittings , Swiftech MCX462 waterblock last years model.

i would turn off that cpu cooling software. Also, I can do 250 loops of sandra, and it will work just fine, but once i put prime95 on, it crashes in 10 minutes. burn at some low speed with prime96, set ur voltage all the way up, put the fsb at stock, and let that thing burn for a few days(at least 4) and You'll see the 2ghz mark.

retcpu.jpg

Back