• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you enable.....?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rivercom9

Ok, heres my prob. I checked my system info using SiSSandra and it says that my AGP Bus supports fast writes, but it isnt enable. So my question is how do I enable fast writes on my AGP Bus? Some info on what Ive got:

EPOX 8K3A+
MSI GeForce3 Ti500 w/29.42 drivers

You can usually turn on fast writes in your (motherboard) BIOS but if sandra says that FW are supported then it is probably already turned on.

If it is on in your MB BIOS then it must be disabled in your video card BIOS. There are only a few ways to enable it on your card, my method of choice is through the use of ray adams bios editor and nvflash.exe.

Keep in mind though that enabling it usually isnt worth the effort, at most you will gain maybe 1 FPS and it is disabled on most cards since enabling it may cause instability.

Post back if you need more help.

RivaTuner has a driver that loads before the OS, that has an option to force the vid card to enable Fast Writes, without needing to modify the BIOS.

Back