• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 2.66GHz stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

Hi,

I plan to upgrade my computer soon. Here is a question I have:

When the 2.8GHz P4 came out I read in a review that with the release of this processor Intel has fixed a bug or something in the P4 design. It had to do something with steppings (stuff I don't understand). So the new processor showed something like 5-10% increase in performance from the previous design even after you take into consideration the higher clock speed. If memory serves right the P4 2.66GHz came out after the 2.8GHz.

QUESTIONS:

Does the P4 2.66GHz have the design improvment?
Do all P4 2.66GHz feature this improvment or I have to watch out?

Thank you!

EDIT: By the way, I plan to upgrade after the P4 3.xxGHz comes out on NOV. 14. The price then for the P4 2.66GHz should fall to around $250 - the sweet spot.

yes, c1 stepping is the new stepping that optimized the p4 design more, the p4 2.8, 2.66 2.6 and 2.5 currently have them, the 2.53 and below will soon be available as c1's as well

i dont think the word "soon" is appropraite....maybe the word ur looking for is eventually....around november....

Back