• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp 2400

• Thread starter Dragon_Engineer2
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Is it true?Is the 2400 unlocked or does it require moding to get it unlocked?If they come unlocked I'll order one tonight :D .

its much easier to unlock. you just have to connect one bridge (one the L5?) instead of four or five.... if my memory serves....

dew.

depends on your definition of unlocked... the xp2200 and up are "unlocked" as in the L1s are connected (they may not appear to be but they are, under the surface of the chip). That will alllow you to access any multiplier from 13x and up, most people around here want the lower multipliers though.

As dew042 said all you have to do is connect the 5th L3 (the one on the right) by going around the pit with your defogger paint or whatever you use, that will allow you to use the lower multipliers (5.5x to 12.5x).

So technically the answer is yes they are unlocked but for the xp2200 at least you will want to connect the 5th L3 to access lower multis.

i heard that kt400 boards had special benifits that other boards dont have like access to all multipliers? tru?

I have 2200+ and Abit Kd7 with KT400 Chipset also a MSI KT4 UlTra SR , You can change the multiplyer yes but only if your CPU is "Unlocked" I had to unlock my 2200+ to change multiplyers as well as my 1600+ . I also belive the 2400+ will require an unlock even if you do own a KT 400 Chipset board. I don't know where you got the magical Idea if you own a KT400 board your processor is unlocked.

Back