• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting together a computer...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTheRed

I will be building my first computer in the near future, and just had a question or two.

Does anyone know of a comprehensive website, including reviews, benchmarks, etc for mobo's, cpu's and memory.

Specifically I am looking for what works best with what.

For instance, what combonations work well together, and similarly, what combinations do not work well?

On an 845g mobo, do you use Rambus/DDR333/400/etc...

Or is my best bet just to browse around and make a ton of notes :p

Thanks either way.

Baqai, you are right, the people here are great.

Thanks all for the links, I'm sure they'll be of use to me.

I believe that too Demon, to ask people who have used the component(s) in question. It's just there's so much information to sift through on these boards, and other sites :/

I'll get there tho, thanks guys.

I say just post here I never posted before I built my first computer but I read A LOT of the posts and it helped out soooo much so I just say ask questions here and do a little research you normally get the best answers here

Tom is full of lies? ohh .. is that so?

i have learned to cross check everything i read so for a product i go around doing a research on about 6-7 sites and on every place i find something new or bad about a product so it gives me a better picture, my preference is always a message board, nothing like hands on experience of a product

thanks for all the links ppl :)

I built my first Duron system by reading the boards and asking questions here. When I finally got all the parts and put it together, I couldn't believe it actually turned on! I'm very proud of myself :D

Back