• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evil minds come here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Auri87

well heres my story. i got 2 computers down here. my sister uses one and i use one. my sis currently found out about kazza and is now downloading songs.....scary songs (american idol songs) currently its been horrible. i turn up the volume on my music and she turns it up on hers and eventually the house starts to shake. is there a way to disable all sound coming from a computer and preferably make it look natural. The computer is running on windows 98 and i would like the sound to come off using something my sister normaly wouldnt know about like through the BIOS or windows regestry or something. if there isnt then i guess ill have to pull the sound card out or wait for her to download some virus's off kazza. whichever one comes first :D

go to radio shack and buy a empty headphone jack and then soer a couple resistors in there and then have a femal in the back

just plug it inbetween the two

her jack >your jack> comptuer jack

that will make the max sound go down

if you really wanted to f with her then run a whire from the devise you made up to your room and put a varable resistor on it

so you can dial her down from where your sitting

if there networked to gether try something like vnc and manually adjust her volume from windows

its hard to pull that off when shes sitting there becuase she will see the mouse moving around.

lol you're evil crash. I want to get a resistor, how would I go about getting that, like what model and such? Mwahahaha!

they have them at radio shack

there is one with a big dial just like the voulme on your radio or something

shouldnt cost to much

have you consdered the asswooping optioin

or get into her mp3s then crtl A delete

if your reeling pirtularly industrius
i just remebered that there is program like mp3 trim or something

that you can use to adujst the overall voulme of a mp3
just make it realllllly reallllllllly low but that might not help becuase then sheel turn the speakeers all the way up anyway

i suggest your this tip someone posted at the message by funkdamonkman (i need to kill someone or something like that)

take a screen shot of the desktop, put it as wallpaper, copy and paste the desktop some place else, shift the start menu to right or top, enable auto hide, sit and have fun :D :D :D

I am sorry to say this..

But this thread rules!!

You could make things extremely complicated... though...

If your sister is using XP Home or 2k or NT for that matter...

You can disable somethings for her machine and make her apart of a local group that deny's her from certain functions on her machine... Local Group Policy...

but everyone elses Idea's in this thread are way cool and way creative...

Back in 1988 or 89...

WHEN my sister loved Milli Vanilli and New Kids on The Block... aka old school Backstreet Boys..

she had this tape of them she played over and over...

I did not want to break it, but I made sure it was not playable... Soap, Magnets, anytihng I could find, pencil erasors... but I was only 12 years old back in 1989..

The tape did not work again, and she could not buy another one, since she was a year younger than I...

BTW.. I am evil.. :mad: -->:eek:

download SpyAnywhere, install it on her PC, then remotely shut down her music apps ! She'll never know what's going on, as it controls the apps, not the user level. Anywayz, with that you can shut down her PC, lock the mouse, lock up her computer, send her messages (threats :D) hehehe search on google for that app

mtnbikerjerry said:
If your sister is using XP Home or 2k or NT for that matter...
You can disable somethings for her machine and make her apart of a local group that deny's her from certain functions on her machine... Local Group Policy...

WIN XP Home HAS NO GROUP POLICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My solution:

1. Just cut her headphone wires!!
2. Replace SBlaster with Aureal Vortex 1 ;)))))

The thing is though, you can mess with her system, but, what will be even MORE annoying is her whining about her system not working properly and that will be even worse....
Headphones for her, neatly solves your problem AND means you don't have to worry about her whining at you to 'fix' her computer.

If you get them for her, I'd just hand them to her and say "I know that it annoys you when you can hear my music, so I got these for you"...that way, you take the high road, come off smelling like roses and she will more than likely use them because you are giving them to her nicely and not saying "I hate your music, you suck, here's some headphones so I never have to hear your crap again" (which would just make her NOT use them)
And if she still refuses to use them, you can complain to your parents and tell them that you even tried to help her by buying her some headphones...who do you think is going to come off as the bad guy in that scenario?

*edit*

I'm not evil, but at times, I can be very manipulative :)

another cool spy program is called remote administrator, dont know where I found it, but I used it at work to "keep track" of certain peoples browsing. Its great because you can just watch what someone is doing, or take full control of their computer. Random mouse jerks are the most annoying! PM if you want it .. but make sure that you hide the client on the victims computer

Betty said:
The thing is though, you can mess with her system, but, what will be even MORE annoying is her whining about her system not working properly and that will be even worse....
Headphones for her, neatly solves your problem AND means you don't have to worry about her whining at you to 'fix' her computer.

If you get them for her, I'd just hand them to her and say "I know that it annoys you when you can hear my music, so I got these for you"...that way, you take the high road, come off smelling like roses and she will more than likely use them because you are giving them to her nicely and not saying "I hate your music, you suck, here's some headphones so I never have to hear your crap again" (which would just make her NOT use them)
And if she still refuses to use them, you can complain to your parents and tell them that you even tried to help her by buying her some headphones...who do you think is going to come off as the bad guy in that scenario?

*edit*

I'm not evil, but at times, I can be very manipulative :)

VERY TRUE...

but the thread did say... EVIL MINDS Needed. :eek: :D

mtnbikerjerry said:

Vovan,

I did not know man. Please forgive me.

:confused:

No problem man!!!
That is not yours, that´s Bill Goates! It´s his idea.

P.S.
I didn´t know this too,before i made a small company-class PC and .. that was silly... bought XP Home. You have no such fields as group policy in the admin windows, no remote polices...
But, if its right written in the book "XP for admins" ,they are still available through cmd-skripts and registy ... but HOW? ... I´m fighting with XP Home for this now...

Back