• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HSP micromodem trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude2

Hey,

i have built a computer for a friend, and everything is working but the modem. I used to have trouble with this modem and once again its causing me problems.

Its a HSP micromodem (56) and i cant seemt o find any drivers that will make it work!

can anyone help?

thanks

jonny

Tried all from that site, still no luck.

It will never work! it sometimes says the port is already open when u try and 'get more info' through modem diagnostics. And when you let the computer search for a modem automatically it wont detect it. So i dont know what com port to install it on, i ahve tried them all but i am having no luck what so ever!

please help!!

jonny

That is a Winmodem, so you can't install it manually. The correct driver package will be a self installer. What operating system do you need drivers for?

I dont know if its just my bad luck, but i was also having problems with that modem type(mine had the pctel chip) well one thing that i found would help was to install it in another pci slot like litghost said, and if you still get that com port still opene try restarting pc. Mine didn't but yours might have jumpers to determine what com port it would be installed to, if so just change to com port to something different(default is com2 i think, dont go to com1 because thats the serial port on most pcs, but 3 or 4 should work fine) .
Oh and did you try the modem in a different pc? it could be thats its just doa.

Back