• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In desperate need of help with video issues! --PLEASE LOOK!--

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morbid

Nitpicker
Thanks for looking :D

Anyways, i'm having a slight problem with my video. First, let me go over my specs:

Antec SX1035B
Antec TruePower 430w
EPoX 8K5a3+
Unlocked AMD XP 2000+ AGOIA-Y
AX-7 w/Tornado 84cfm and AS3
512mb stick of Corsair XMS 3200 C2
60gb Maxtor D740X (7200rpm ATA133)
TDK VeloCD 32x10x40
Y S Tech 120mm intake
Sunon 80mm exhaust
Windows XP Pro SP1

Videocard: PNY GeForce3 Ti200

Whew! Okay, now that that's out the way, let's get down to the brass tax.

First, I completely swapped out my P4 for this AMD (mobo/cpu/ram). When on my P4 setup, everything worked perfect... my video card was o/c to 220/540 (can do 250/560 stable) constantly.

I reformatted, reinstalled Windows XP Pro went through all the updates and everything was looking fine. Well, I thought I would knock the chip up a few notches to 11x170 om default vCore. It did great. So, thought I would bump it to 11x175 of default vCore.

The whole time, my screen is at default 800x600. So, with it set at 11x175 (vid not o/c'd) I tried to readjust my resolution to 1280x1024. It went to that resolution, but locked up as soon as it got there. Naturally, I rebooted.

Upon reboot, I put the chip back to default and everything looked great.. until the Windows XP loading screen went away (when you're suppose to enter Windows XP GUI [Desktop]). It never got there, just black screen.

I reseated my vid card, same thing. All I see now when I try to get past that loading screen and into Windows is, up in the very top left corner of my monitor, two pixels.. one white and one purple... side by side. Is something fried? Any suggestions?

If you've read this and still are awake and have suggestions, please post! I'm in desperate need :) Many thanks in advance guys!

As stated before, this is why it locked. Not enough vCore. I was pushing it to see what it would do. Well, it locked. So, I rebooted.. set everything back to default speeds and this is the problem that arose.

Someone? I won't be here at work for much longer and i'd like to try and get this taken care of today. :(

I've been thinking, i'll try slapping my old Voodoo3 2000 (AGP 16mb SGRAM baby!) into it and see if I can get any kind of display past the WinXP loading screen.

Well thanks for all the replies :rolleyes:

I think it's official, my video card is dead. R.I.P. GeForce3 Ti200

I plugged in my Voodoo3 2000, it did everything without a problem. Slapped the GF3 back in.. black screen (minus the two pixels, woohoo) same spot.

Oh well, just an excuse for me to get a Ti4200 to hold me over until NV30 comes out with a few good reviews.

Okay, I think I found the culprit.

Everytime I set my ram to "Turbo" settings in BIOS, it causes the above. If I set it to normal... it does fine. I tried moving the stick to another slot and get the same thing.... any clue what happened? Please, someone answer this time. :(

My system is the same. When you run a high FSB (I'm currently @ 190) you usually can only run the ram on Normal and if you are lucky Fast. I have tryed everything I could think of but nothing worked so Im running my DDR333 Samsung PC2700 (@2.8V) @Cas2 and "normal" setting and Im STABLE.

turbo mod doesnt work on my board either you need to manually et youre memory timmings turbo mod sometimes sets the timmings to high and you wont be able to get the computer to work.

Just set them manually

I can get Turbo and Turbo2 mode to work but it only works (for me) when I'm @ 142MHz FSB but 142 is too slow for me. I can see a big difference in memory performance in games and 3Dmark when I run my FSB @ 170-200MHz.

Well, I found out what it was. After an extreme amout of testing. It seems it is infact my video card.

Set to anything above "Normal" on GF3 = black logon screen, locked up

Set to Turbo mode on this Voodoo3 2000 = well, i'm typing on it now :)

So, i'll be ordering me one of those "Wanna Get Ti4600 performance with Ti4200 price???ALBATRON GeForce 4 TI4200P TURBO (NVIDIA GeForce4 TI4200 GPU), 128MB DDR, DVI+VGA TV-Out. w/DVI adaptor" from newegg. Was going to buy a new Lian-Li to replace my Antec... but... another day :(

Thanks for all the input guys, I really do appreciate it (not being sarcastic this time heh) :)

SniperXX said:
I can get Turbo and Turbo2 mode to work but it only works (for me) when I'm @ 142MHz FSB but 142 is too slow for me. I can see a big difference in memory performance in games and 3Dmark when I run my FSB @ 170-200MHz.

ya same with me turbo actually works ut on a low fsb and i dont like that either.

Glad you found out what is was you wont be dissapointed when you get ur new vid card (i hope):beer:

Back