• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i get an ax-7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
hey everyone..im debation on whether to get an ax-7..i mean, can you really go wrong with it? i dont like how it hooks to the cpu clips..but i do like the temps yodums is getting..i mean..would the temp change be unnoticable from what i have right now?...and the only thing i am saving is the trouble of taking it off/putting it on? what do you all thing...look at sig for current cooling

The way I see it.... If you got the coin to spend and wana be cool, get one :) In hind sight, I should have gotten one....

I want one now... :(

Edit... After looking at your sig, your temps do seem a little high, my 2000 idles at those, odd too cause you have an Alpha... but I'd say still get one, cause all the cool kids have them!

Perhaps I need to read more things before I answer... Sorry bout that, wasn't paying attention. :)

If you're @ 1.93 I'd say an AX-7 will do you some good. Not sure how much cause I don't have a lot of experience with them.

I'd stick with the Alpha, there's not much difference between the 2.

A duct, if you don't already have one may help - you look to be higher than Yodums in the case temp also.

The SK-7 is selling for $29 and the overclocker HSF Review shows it as a bit better performer than the ax-7. I was gonna get the ax7 until they came out w/ the sk-7. It looks almost like the slk-800 and performs almost like it.

maxima88 said:
The SK-7 is selling for $29 and the overclocker HSF Review shows it as a bit better performer than the ax-7. I was gonna get the ax7 until they came out w/ the sk-7. It looks almost like the slk-800 and performs almost like it.

Yep, 5 bucks more for a 0.02 C/W difference. Not bad but RangerJoe can give his daily beef jerky to buy a SK7 :D

Just beware the clip can be tricky getting on/off and make sure you have plenty of room around the cpu socket, otherwise its a very good heatsink.

Originally posted by RangerJoe
which one? ax-7 or sk7?

Well since you have an 84cfm fan, you will probably get a small difference between the SK7 and AX7. I say SK7, $5 more but it will probably be 1 or 2 degrees cooler.

BTW, what rheo do you use on your fan? Did you buy it or just made it yourself?

Back