• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 with DDR question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JRWYW

Registered
I'm planning to get a new P4 2.66Ghz and a Asus P4B533-E.

My question is about the memory. How is the memory speed derived from the FSB?

The only two options for the CPU/Memory frequency ratio are 1:1 and 3:4.

So if my FSB was say 150mhz. What would be my memory speed using either of the ratios?

I run that setup minus the 2.66, (2.26 here) you are thinking about getting and I can confirm that it is kisk-a$$!

One thing you may want to consider though is high quality memory. I read a lot about samsung chips so I went with DDR 333 in that flavor.

These chips -in my experience- do not overclock well, at least in this system. I tried the 3/4 and my memory just didn't like it. So now I am going to try a 512 stick of the corsair. I have heard some pretty good success stories about the overclockability of these chips.

A terrific system for outstanding overclockablility and stability but get high quality ram to avoid bottle-necking the performance such a system can offer.

-out.

Last edited:
Back