• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best memory timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KerryrreK

I have Corsair 3500 C2 and I was wondering what to aim for in memory timings? Is 2-2-5-2 good? What are you other Corsair guys running? How should I step my way to the best timing for me?

Kerry

run it on turbo settings, if you have an epox motherboard..or if you dont..just put it to the fastest setting first...and then change the command rate to 1T..thats about the fastest i know of...without goin crazy..in which case i dont even think corsair will do...i tried changing some rewrite time or something..and my computer wouldnt even boot..so just put it to what i said earlier

just tried 2-2-5-2, not good...long loud annoying beeps....would upping the voltage help it run like this or do I have to lower my FSB? (it's at 160) My BIOS actually allows 1.5-2-5-2 but I dont want to make my RAM run that, it was at 2-3-6-3 default at 1.6 volts running fine at 160, what should I do?

Kerry

yeah, but that was with 1.6V, I set it to 1.8 now and it's running fine at the new timings, may try 1.7 before I go to sleep, may also try lowering my CPU from 1.625 to 1.6, but we'll see.

For anyone that's interested, I scored 12025 at default timings 2-3-6-3, and 12027 at my new timings 2-2-5-2 in 3dmark2001SE, not much of a difference, 2 points?

Kerry

Back