• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diskless in LINUX MAGAZINE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

The October issue of "LINUX MAGAZINE" has a whole article about running diskless. They don't use LTSP, but rather configure much of it from scratch, and use the PXELINUX kernel.

Just thought it was cool.

Frank

In perusing the site it appears the do not have the 'goods' up so to speak the only way to get this one is straight off the Press stand. :)

"Network Booting:
Save time, avoid headaches with a centralized boot server
by Tim Kientzle
Forget about burning EEPROMs. The network boot capabilities in new PCs make this powerful technique easier to use than ever. "

Look's promising :D

J :cool:

rogerdugans said:
Looking for it now, thanks!

(next time how about a linky for those of us who are lazy? lol)

Ya, sorry, don't know of any link, got the hardcopy, some magazines still come that way. :)

Yeah, thats the easy part...its getting the even odd double-sided stuff correct thats hard! ;)

Cy

So I tried to find a copy around be but to no avail!!! :( I am going to see if I can find it online?? Anyone know where you can get mags online without subscribing?

Thanks

Back