• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordered my 1600XP from Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matrix78

their web site said they have the AGOIA core...

I got the chip today and its AROIA 0213 Y

am i good to go? or is there a big diff between the AGOIA and AROIA??

ohh and it's got a sticker over the L1 bridge.. when i take it off should i clean it off with some alchohol?? . . never messed with AMD chips before, but i'm not scared of um ;) haha

AROIA cores will overclock just as well as AGOIA cores. As for cleaning, I always clean my bridges before messin' with 'em. Good luck and let that chip fly!

~THT

P.S. You probably won't need to unlock the chip as AROIA/AGOIA cores tend to do 166FSB right outta the box at stock vcore.

alot of quik stepping questions can be answered also just by refering to the cpu guide on front page.but i know its always better to get a live answer. but mabey somenew people dont know its there.

just the luck of the draw most of the time but if it was listed wrong then they messed up but it doesnt matter as they both oc well

Back