• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help unlocking xp 2100 palamino core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RatBag

Registered
ive tried multipal times with a conductive pen but the mutis just wont change? is there some other l bridges i have to connect or dissconect? the cpu is a agioa 2100+ on a msi kt3ultra 2 gforce 4 ti4600 512 megs ddr any help would be great

are you trying to change the multiplier via bios dip switch or software(if possible i don't know). Also you didn't mention it but I take it you did fill the gaps between the contacts with crayon or super glue.

yes i filled the gaps with super glue and joined up the L1s but stil cannot change the multis.I think i read somewhere you have to do more with 2100 but im not sure .I want to get the most outa this chip via fsb right now imrunning it at 150x13 for 1950 but i want 11.5 x170 and yes my ram can handle it.

Rat,
You need to fill all the L1 bridges and then connect them, ssecond you have to cut the 2 right hand bridges and fill the left 2 bridges on L3.Then you must cut the 2nd right hand bridge and fill the 2 left hand bridges on L4. And lastly you have to fill the right hand and cut the left hand bridge on L10. The idea is to make your 2100 the same as a 1600xp. Look up the thread at pc stats.com"The AXP2K+ Trick-Unlocking the Athlon 2100. Or forget cutting the bridges and stuff and just do the L1's and do the pin mod on the underside of your chip.I have 2 2100's one I cut the bridges on and the other I used the pin mod,but instead of using a pin I shorted the 2 pins with defogger paint.Look up the thread with in these forums I can't remember exactly but there are people who have done this mod with much sucess as me. I do not recomend super glue I used a white crayon to fill my brides worked out great. You can used any color but I like white,yellow or orange cause its easy to see.I hope this helped you out.

Dude thanks so much that was a lot of help, worked like a charm although only up to 12.5 multy but thats what i wanted 11.5x170

Back