• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to unlock a p4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRyder88

I have been spending ages finding out about overclocking, reading this forum for months, looking at hardware and software options, testing prgrams etc. But it jst occured to me that I don't actually know how to unlock a cpu! Ca anyone enlighten me? oh, btw, i will be buying a b processor, ie. 533fsb.

P4 can't be unlocked.... there is no way to do it the only ones that come unlocked are the Engeneering Samples.... that means that almost no one has one.... Only AMD can be unlocked

yea.. people have given up trying to unlock the multiplier.. for intel, it's all fsb, and overvolting helps out, u can find out how in one of the sticky forums

it CAN be done, no one has figured it out yet, im sure somehow someway its possible, probably way more effort that anyone is willing to put into it, oh well, ES are the only unlocked ones...who knows maybe some EE will figure it out one day...until then FSB is the only way to o/c

Back