• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celly 2.0 new bang for the buck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

these new celly 2 gig chips are seemingly to be the new bang for the buck. mine was $117.50 shipped and it is doing great, see sig, right now. you can see all the nice results here :D

where else are you gonna get a 1100mhz oc without barely trying???

DANG BRO!!! I never even considered buying a celly until now.

jd your a oc stud bro!

jdmcnudgent said:
these new celly 2 gig chips are seemingly to be the new bang for the buck. mine was $117.50 shipped and it is doing great, see sig, right now. you can see all the nice results here :D

where else are you gonna get a 1100mhz oc without barely trying???

Where did you get your chip at? Also what MB do you think would be good for this chip. My Asus P4B533 just blew out when i tried taking my 1.6a to 3.2ghz. So now im on the Asus p4s333 and need to MB and chip. Any suggestions? Great oc btw.

Re: Re: celly 2.0 new bang for the buck

Extol said:

Where did you get your chip at? Also what MB do you think would be good for this chip. My Asus P4B533 just blew out when i tried taking my 1.6a to 3.2ghz. So now im on the Asus p4s333 and need to MB and chip. Any suggestions? Great oc btw.
thanks guys.:p i got the chip at googlegear.com. but i think they will ALL do about the same. newegg has them for the same price, but google had second day shipping for $.50.:D i would say pair this chip with RDRAM to make up for the L2 cache, only 128 as opposed to 512, and even 256 would be great. my ddr is running at 408mhz, with laxed timings, but the box seems to be slow for crunching seti, im benching it right now. it is a great chip and a nice oc, and best of all, its stable as a rock. its running at this speed at 1.5 volts, and that is below default, as the c1 stepping is 1.525 volts, and that is at full load. i might get froggy tonight and wire wrap it for 1.7 volts, and see if i can stablize it at 3400-3500 range. i had it boot to 3200, but i had to hit +10% in the bios, and the board doesnt like that for some reason. its just a matter of time, and i really would like to see the max stable oc outta this chip.

yea... i'm a little short on dough.. can only get a 900 celley that'll run at or close to 1200 (hopefully) great upgrade from 667 for 50 bucks

well, i am noticing a big performance difference at higher speeds, this is what i got so far.:D
401.JPG

402.JPG

Oh cmon what do you think you don't have a desire to??? :) It would give us a better picture about these celerons. How fast are they really in 3D apps and so on...

Hey, JD, not too shabby for a chip that doesn't exist, huh:D Man, can I be a joker. I haven't had too much time to play with mine the past few days, but seeing what you've done gives me hope. I thought about undervolting mine to see how low I can go before it craps out, but 3.33 out of a "2.0" tain't bad. I might change my mind and go up again.

Re: Re: Re: celly 2.0 new bang for the buck

jdmcnudgent said:
thanks guys.:p i got the chip at googlegear.com. but i think they will ALL do about the same. newegg has them for the same price, but google had second day shipping for $.50.:D i would say pair this chip with RDRAM to make up for the L2 cache, only 128 as opposed to 512, and even 256 would be great. my ddr is running at 408mhz, with laxed timings, but the box seems to be slow for crunching seti, im benching it right now. it is a great chip and a nice oc, and best of all, its stable as a rock. its running at this speed at 1.5 volts, and that is below default, as the c1 stepping is 1.525 volts, and that is at full load. i might get froggy tonight and wire wrap it for 1.7 volts, and see if i can stablize it at 3400-3500 range. i had it boot to 3200, but i had to hit +10% in the bios, and the board doesnt like that for some reason. its just a matter of time, and i really would like to see the max stable oc outta this chip.

Is this the chip here? Im asking because it says its based on the willamette core and still uses the 0.18 micron process. Is this right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: celly 2.0 new bang for the buck

Extol said:

Is this the chip here? Im asking because it says its based on the willamette core and still uses the 0.18 micron process. Is this right?
thats the chip, but i believe that it uses .13 micron, and i KNOW that it is c1 stepping. you like this chip, wait till the c1 2.a chip comes out, prolly do about the same.:eek:

Back