• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System temps almost as high as CPU??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

This time is my secondary rig's turn, i started to overclock and now my speed is FSB=113MhzxMulti=8 904Mhz, my temps are 38System-43CPU idle and after a while prime95 torture test they crank up to 45System-52.5CPU.

My secondary rigs mobo is designed for any p3, so i dont know why system temps are so high at only 113MHzFSB. I think my cpu can bare the temps im giving since its at stock vCore, but system temps are to worry about even though the northbridge has a heatsink... i could install a 40mm fan on it but...

Is the Windbond Hardware Monitor unacurate???

Considering you live in Mexico, it maybe just accurate reporting the case temps but reporting the CPU temps abit lower because it's an insocket thermistor. Not to mention you have an Intel P3 which runs rather cool. What are your ambients, do you know? I think it's accurate.

yeah man, on a second thought those temps sound accurate, as you can see in my sig, this comp doesnt have any fans besides the cpu one, i once put an outake 80mm fan, temps dropped about 2ºC, so i think ill throw in a couple of fans and try to reach 950MHZ :cool:, no vcore raise of any kind by know.

on my ambient temps, i live in mexico and my room is hot, i say the lowest temps i can get are 25-28º, but normal temps are 30-32º but im still used to it :D

Now i know temps are kinda accurate, as a final question, if i run this coppermine p3 at 55.2ºC and say 1.7vCore, will it fry or either die soon??? i can live with this temps if my cpu can heheheh

Back