• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the highest posible speed I can get with a locked XP1900?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

I am currently at 1745 MHz and it is extremely stable. Running 1.8 core voltage and 2.8 on the RAM. 145 MHz FSB and 11.5x multiplier. I have a Thermal Take Dragon Orb 3 for a heatsink and fan and am using Antec Silver Therml paste between the processor and the heatsink.

What's next?

Windows XP will not load at 148 FSB or higher and crashes at 147. It seems to be running perfect at 146. I am now running a 12x multiplier...which should be 1252. It's actually at 1256...close enough. I tried upping the multiplier to 12.5/13.0 which is the next step in my bios. This should be 1825 MHZ. XP loads, everything comes up fine and it is stable, yet I am still only running at 1756. I guess this means that is as far as I can go with a locked CPU?

I upped core voltage to 1.85. Am running now with 145 MHz FSB and 12.5x multiplier. It now tells me I am getting 1748Mhz. I think around the 1750 mark is as for as its gonna go!

You cant use the 12.5 multiplier unless the chip is unlocked!!!! All you are doing is selecting that particular multiplier but the mobo is not paying any attention to you and running at the default multiplier!

Back