• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan shopping: Swiftech MC462

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bullterror

Registered
I have an Athlon 1.33 AXIA with an asus a7v133, 350 watt ps, sb live, rtl8139 ethernet, and dual raid0 ibm 45gb and soon to have an ati radeon 64mb.

I have my athlon running at 1400, but I need a much better fan cause it crashes, and I'm going to get the swiftech mc462 unless there's something better out there.

I'd also like advice on a chipset cooler.

Where can I buy these two items at a reasonable price?

bullterror (May 20, 2001 05:25 p.m.):
I have an Athlon 1.33 AXIA with an asus a7v133, 350 watt ps, sb live, rtl8139 ethernet, and dual raid0 ibm 45gb and soon to have an ati radeon 64mb.

I have my athlon running at 1400, but I need a much better fan cause it crashes, and I'm going to get the swiftech mc462 unless there's something better out there.

I'd also like advice on a chipset cooler.

Where can I buy these two items at a reasonable price?

From what I have read you sound like you have picked a winner I have only seen good reviews on this cooler, sorry only been reading havn't been pricing

I have almost the same setup with the Swiftech 462A with the Delta 69 cfm fan on the matched rheostat. My system never crashes. I always run the fan on low because I hate the noise at full power.

You have to remove your M/B to install the lower mounting nuts. Your M/B does not require the spacers on the top side of the M/B. They will lift the H/S away from the CPU & fry it in ten seconds or less.

My Swiftech replaced a PEP66 with two 26cfm fans. My temp dropped by 4*C with the Delta on low. If a install a 47cfm Panilo fan on the 462, it runs about the same as the PEP, but much quietier with the 80mm fan. Less whining!

Swiftech is converting to the sanyo fan, but it does not cool as good as the delta. The delta has fixed viens in the fan that straighens out the airflow & increases pressure to the H/S. Gabe at Swiftech had a hard time keeping the Delta's in-stock. www.plycon.com lists these delta fans at their site. Recommend the rheostat for noise control!

Pat

Back