• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highlander

See my sig below for specs (not running GeForce 4 yet)
USed a 27.6cfm 80mm case fan with 60-80mm adapter on my heatsink (akasa 785) its running at 2100rpm. old 60mm fan was 25.6cfm @ 6000 rpm
My idle cpu temp before was about 40-55 oC case about 35.
Now my idle is 56-60oC case 35. After Ut2003 benchmark temp was 58oC
Are these ok for this processor?
One thing i noticed was the new fan is now inline with the rear 80mm fan mounting hole, which is right below my PSU fan output. Could this be sucking the air from my PSU back into the case and onto the processor?
Any suggetsions on how to get this temp down, as I don;t fancy playing a game for a few hours with it this high!

as your not overclocking then the temps are average and you should be fine. Also wich way is your rear fan blowing, if its not already adjust it to blow cool ar over the cpu fan if you can and that should help

Currently don't have a rear fan.
Don;t think I was clear in my first post, my PSU exhaust fan is right above a spare 80mm mount on my case. There is no fan in it at the mo, but warm air may be being sucked onto the processor fan.
S'long as my processor isn't going to die I'm happy with any temps!!

I highly suggest putting a exhaust fan in that 80 mm spot. Even with a 30-40 cfm fan you're temps will drop a few degrees. Don't expect your powersupply fans to suck out all the warm air that is inside the case. CPU temps are dependent on the temps inside the case not just the heatsink/fan.

You may also want to take the sides and front off your case then use clear packing tape and tape up all areas that let air in (around drives and drive bays). That way your intake is only from the intake sources you want (fans or dedicated air holes not near any warm exhausts, like front bottom of case).

gosh...here i am complaining to myself about how the sun sits at my window between 11am and 3pm thus getting up to 40 degrees celsius temps. guess airflow is the key like everyone says.

I've made a card duct to get outside air onto the processor, but this hasn't made any difference.
It has been suggested that I reverse the fan and have it suck air over the heatsink rather than blow it.
Would this help reduce the temps do you reckon??

Back