• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

finally got my chip, can someone tell me if these are good numbers..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff Bolton

just got my 2.26 that i've been wanting ever since may :rolleyes:

Prod Code: BX80532PE2266DSL683
MM#: 845245
FPO/Batch: 3220A691
Pack Date: 7/31/02

This is a Costa Rica chip.

seeing as this is my first intel experience, i have absolutely no experience or knowledge on which factories (if any) produce better overclocking chips, and which weeks are better (i'm guessing the later the better). well this one is over 2 months old so i hope it isn't a crappy overclocker. can anyone give me some info on the numbers i gave you up there? thanks in advance if you can..

as soon as i get the pal8942 and sunon extreme fan i ordered from cw823 i'll see how high i can pump this thing up with 512mb of corsair pc3000 cas2. i'm not going to put it all together with the stock HSF and then take it back apart just to put the better hsf on. so hopefully monday or tuesday i'll have some priliminary results for you guys.

jeff

My last 2.26 chip was also a "Costa" chip and it did not oc near as good as my 2.26 "Malay" chip.

Costa - 160fsb @ default 1.5v stable but would not do 3ghz stable no matter what I did.

Malay - never tried default voltage just pumped it up to 3ghz with 1.6v and ran stable for month and a half before succumbing to SNDS. Even had it up to 3111mhz stable with 1.7v.

krag said:
My last 2.26 chip was also a "Costa" chip and it did not oc near as good as my 2.26 "Malay" chip.

Costa - 160fsb @ default 1.5v stable but would not do 3ghz stable no matter what I did.

Malay - never tried default voltage just pumped it up to 3ghz with 1.6v and ran stable for month and a half before succumbing to SNDS. Even had it up to 3111mhz stable with 1.7v.

You SNDS'ed at 1.6v???

gofastman said:

You SNDS'ed at 1.6v???

Yep. Well...actually the day after I bumpped it up to 1.75v for about 20min. Then it was smoked.

gofastman said:
Wow that sucks. Maybie extreme MHZ can cause SNDS too. I sure hope not!

ras and I have looked into this a lot.....

all I can say is that any overvolt or extream cooling may have an effect on your woodies.

krag is not the only person who had a loss with a low vcore and a vapochil.

yet there are many peeps who have there northwoods at high vcore and vapo still going strong for over 6 months.

overclocking of any kind is not truely safe.....yet there still is no true evidance that S.N.D.S. is real.

the risks are now yours.

mica

Last edited:
i ran my bros 1.7 for 3 months, then 1.8 for 2 weeks in the middle of that as well and then i put it back to default when i heard about snds.. seems fine tho.. was fine then too

Maybe these chips would have fried anyway, if I end up with SNDS probs Ill be RMAing my chip, as my supplier definetely doesnt test them!

I know p4's have max operating temps, but they also have min operating temps right? isn't it around 5C or something? The reason I ask is b/c i see a lot of people with negative temps with vapochil. would that contribute to SNDS?

fatguy said:
I know p4's have max operating temps, but they also have min operating temps right? isn't it around 5C or something? The reason I ask is b/c i see a lot of people with negative temps with vapochil. would that contribute to SNDS?

as I have said above.....vapo or promethea or pelters, may hurt your cpu also.

mica

here is something to read.

fatguy said:

if its getting turned on/off alot, the chip isn't going to like being frozen/thawed. i mean, steel doesn't even hold up to (very...) repetative extreme temperature swings. theres too much swelling/contracting happening.

Wow!

Hello all,
Ive been looking for a post like this for awhile.I have been trying for weeks to get my 2.26 Costa past the 3G mark and cant get it past 2.98 no matter what I do.I just did the Pin mod figuring that would do it,But No.The pin mod did nothing even tho it is working right becasue I changed my CpV to 1.85 (1.80 actual)but no help.So I guess this is the end of the line for me and this Cpu or do you guys think maybe when I install Mr.Ns 9X bios and set the DrV to 3.0 will that help?Im happy with the way this cpu and system runs but I always want more:) .Hers is a 3Dmark from my 2.98 setting.Thanks,Shark

]mine

Last edited:
Back