• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L7vmm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Duron 1.3 now.

Any opinions on the L7VMM? I chose this all-in-one board because it has relatively good video and DDR.

I reply to this because I happen to have a LV7MM running an XP1600.

It's an excellent board, but not for an overclocker. If you want a machine for the office, or if you want a machine for someone who doesn't know (or couldn't care less) about computer innards in general, than voila. Wonderful board.

It's the kind of board that comes in pre-built systems. It'll cost less, but if you want options and a ton of PCI slots ... hold out for the more expensive board.

For example. I bring my new computer home from Costco. I take it out of its box, admire the smooth lines and curves, and turn it on. :D

A week later (when I'm sure it won't spontaneously combust on me or something) I restart and go into BIOS. And I ... WTF? I can't do a THING with the FSB. Never mind the multiplier (which I was going to get to eventually), the clock speed is just about as fixed as the chips on those old Packard Bells. You know, the motherboards with the CPUs soldered to them.

So. After a half on hour of shaking my head and wondering where the clock speed thingie is, I call my roommate over. He too looks at it and says, "That's very odd. It should be right there ... hey, wonder where it is?"

As an alternaive to buying this mobo, I can wholeheartedly recommend selling your body somewhere in the city to raise money for a better motherboard. Consider yourself warned.:D

If anyone else knows more than I do about this, please post. (Heck, probably EVERYONE knows more than I do about this. Whoever heard of an overclocker who can't find the FSB setting?)

Thanks, Ragnarok. I nearly bought it. I still have my heart set on an all-in-one motherboard - but it should have some overclocking potential.

Might be hard to find a board that has integrated video and overclocks well. Integrated video is normally found on buget boards and budget boards rarely overclock well.

You could get an ECS K7S5A and a cheap video card if you want to stay inexpensive. The K7S5A at least has on-board sound and an on-board network port. The K7S5A allows overclocking of the FSB, but not multiplier adjustments. I've got mine running at 147 FSB at the moment. Not amazing but not to bad either. And it's very stable.

Back