• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on motherboards!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stick00

question on motherboardsFOR AMD 1.4!!!!

i have the iwill kk266 plus and i can only use sdram. you guys know of a good motherboard that i can use ddr ram on and be able to still overclock. I was going to get the xp 2200 but figured wth ill use a new motherboard and ddr ram and see what i can get out of my athlon 1.4 Tbird. lemme know of a good m/board fellows thanks, i want a good overclockable mobo and you guys think the ddr will be alot better for me for my gaming

Last edited:
basically any via KT266, KT266a, KT333, KT400 mobo will do. I recommend MSI KT3 Ultra, low price board with 5.1 sound

Epox 8k3a+ (KT333) for the really good stuff. Asus makes some good KT266A boards but don't have a proven overclocking track record like the fan-favorite Epox. Both cost a lot of dough when compared to, say, ECS or Abit boards...

I'd look at grabbing a KT266A relatively cheap/used from someone as the KT400A is around the corner and will support the next generation of AMD chips... if all you want to do is overclock that Tbird anything DDR with FSB,voltage, and multiplier settings would work :p

Back