• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7-Max2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SafirXP

I'm dreaming about this board... getting it end of this month. Its been a choice between this and the MSI KT4 Ultra. So Max2 owners give me some comments on this board. How you liked it ;) and how it has made your life different. :D

The black color, the lack of those big, fat legacy ports, the huge variety of integrated objects, black ide cables, the pci divider control, everything about it is great!!!

hopefuly mine is shipping out Monday but,

black???

AT7-MAX2_pic6.jpg

you need more than 8 IDE??? plus the At7-max2 has serialATA for 2 more drives totaling 10. . . do ya realy need more than that??

Originally posted by Matrix78 hopefuly mine is shipping out Monday but, black???
The board is colored black instead of the regular green or red. Black is my favorite color, including red. :D

Yiiiiihaaaaaaaaa!!! Just ordered the AT7-Max2 and the MediaXP thingy!!! :D :D :D Getting it end of this month! :) More additions to my collection coming too - a Volcano 7+ and a new case with blue cold cathode light! ;)

/me very happy

I have just put one in my machine (had the at7 before) but not really had chance to push it yet, working to damn hard!!
As soon as I get chance to have a play, I'll post and let you know how I get on.

Edman:)

mine aint black :( mostly brown, but oh well i dont look inside the case anyway :D. . . . so far she's running like a charm, OC'ing really well, currently i'm at 185FSB @ 10.5X and now the chip is gettin a lil fussy. . . when ya'll get ur board make sure to get the new VIA drivers i didnt know new ones were out and they made a HUGE differance in performance... and there are new HPT374 drivers out for it too

Madsam..

If you hope for a "black: AT7 MAX2..you better check back with your reseller. Max2 has a new ver. 1.1 and the color is yellow... ver 1.0 is black. Also make your a backplate is included. Newegg's website lists them WITHOUT Backplates!

I thought I just inform you!

NCtramp said:
Madsam..

If you hope for a "black: AT7 MAX2..you better check back with your reseller. Max2 has a new ver. 1.1 and the color is yellow... ver 1.0 is black. Also make your a backplate is included. Newegg's website lists them WITHOUT Backplates!

I thought I just inform you!

how cheap is that to not include the backplate??? what do they do take it outta the box!?!??! or does ABIT accualy make a boxed ver thet just doent have it... what's it cost an extra $.05 for the lil piece of tin? haha

now they have yellow?? damn it it would'a been funny to have a yellow MoBo.. oh well like i said i dont look in there, so brown is enough for me :)

i'm not sure what the newegg problem is , but it seems as though abit shipped out some boards without the backplate. also google gear was 171 for the max2, and 50 cents shipping, so, i ordered it there. as for the black color......these boards are so full of components that there is not much room for the board color, and you see mostly traces. and i do hope for a newer rev. thanks for the heads-up guys:beer:

Last edited:
i got my max2 in yesterday, and it's working. i am running on a small psu, and my new one will be in thurday if all goes well. everything seems to work fine so far, but no power for ovcerclocking just yet.......

[XPerienceD] said:
Yiiiiihaaaaaaaaa!!! Just ordered the AT7-Max2 and the MediaXP thingy!!! :D :D :D Getting it end of this month! :) More additions to my collection coming too - a Volcano 7+ and a new case with blue cold cathode light! ;)

/me very happy

Ewww... Volcano 7+? If you are gona get a Thermaltake... get the Volcano 9... or even better, get the SLK-800 with a Vantec Tornado 84CFM fan! Thats what I'm running right now and I'm getting awsomely cool temps! ~31C idle

at7 max1

mine is excellent....only flaw......no darn headphone jack.......has everything else but darn headphone jack....cornered me....now i have to buy media xp.......only downfall...........

at7 max1
xp1900@ 1704 with volcano 9 (lapped) they need it
pc2700 samsungies at cas2
abit geforce 4 ti4200/128mb (will arrive in 4 days) right now visiontek geforce 3 ti200 @ 210/450 normal and 220/460 max
430w antec power supply with 4 thermaltake smart fans as case fans (30' idle and 41' load @78' room temp)
creative inspire 6 speaker surround with on board sound card...
dvd,cd-rw,cd-rom,scanner,printer,digital camera and dock station, and 17' kds monitor

if your replying towards me.....

yes, actually......has flexible settings for numerous amounts of different ram....lots of settings in that area which can be confusing....make sure you get your ram specs too...helps out alot.....in cpu area, not too bad, only thing i see missing is the ability to adjust agp volts....has ram,cpu,io......alot of settings in bios....tooo many to cover and very confusing at first hand.....and the most important setting of all......5/2/1 divider was a must.....

[XPerienceD] said:
I'm dreaming about this board... getting it end of this month. Its been a choice between this and the MSI KT4 Ultra. So Max2 owners give me some comments on this board. How you liked it ;) and how it has made your life different. :D

The black color, the lack of those big, fat legacy ports, the huge variety of integrated objects, black ide cables, the pci divider control, everything about it is great!!!

bah. only the AT7-Max is TRUE legacy free. Stupid PS/2 ports on that AT72-Max...

Back