• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocked albatron g4 ti4200 turbo need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aziatic

Registered
Ok I overclocked my albatron geforce4 ti4200 turbo to 300/690 after reading about others using these settings as well. Are these 4600 speeds? This card is supposed to run at 4600 speeds. Anyway if anyone else has this card plz let me know if these settings should be ok for the card, i dont wanna kill it or anything thnx. Also should i worry about this card overheating? It seems to have a nice heatsink/fan but im new to all this so im not really sure.

Whoa there! Be very careful about setting your memory/core speeds to what you "think" they should be. What will work with your card depends on a huge number of variables. Case cooling, the heatsink/fan combo, whether or not it has ramsinks. The safest way is to start from default, move the settings up a bit, and test them by gaming, and /or running 3DMark.

yeah i bumbed them up in increments of 10 and tested them, then i ran 3d mark im getting 9029 is that decent? thats overclocked tho, when i had my settings at default it was at 8000.

well i just overclocked my cpu to 1.65ghz and set my gfx card back to 300/650. Im now getting 10k for my 3dmark score :)

Aziatic said:
well i just overclocked my cpu to 1.65ghz and set my gfx card back to 300/650. Im now getting 10k for my 3dmark score :)

I think it should be a bit higher with the o/c on the vid card.
Can't you o/c your cpu any higher? That should make your score go up too.

ive set it to 166fsb before and it was stable. but now when i try to set it to 166fsb it reboots on its own or just freezes when i run 3dmark so i turned down the fsb again. At first i was thinking that my vid card was the problem but when lowered the settings on my vid card to default again it still froze so thats when i knew it was the cpu. The only thing I can do now is hit 300/690 which is what i was running before and see how much of an increase i get point wise.

Your Crucial is your bottleneck. Other than the ram, your system should run in the 190+FSB np, but the 2100 is holding your back.
Increase 10 on the memory won't give you much of a increase, most likely 100+/-. With your system and some 2700 or 3200 ram, your score should be in the range of 12000-13000:D

Back