• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Monitor 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DevilMan24

How true do you think this program is?
I have no way of testing for my self so tell me how it works for you so I have a idea.

Thanks Devil

I found that on my KT7A the in socket thermistor was reading temps up to 10C lower than the real temperatures!! I dont know how accurate the one on my KX7 is because I now have temp sensor on my cpu with a digital lcd display on my case.

MBM only reports what the board sensors are reporting, so if you have a board with crappy sensor implementation like my BD7II, you'll get crappy readings. Just read around and see what boards people are complaining about and you'll get a better idea of which ones seem to be more accurate.

MBM has the allowance to correct the reading, so if you can get a true reading from an external probe, you can calibrate MBM to show the exact temp.....

I use MBM, and find it highly useful when pushing hardware to the limit.

Unless a calibrated external probe is mounted against the cpu core I take all temperature measurements with a grain of salt;)

The hardware may work fine, but if the software calibration is off the reading will still not be completely accurate.

Which is why I am not too bothered by my temps being higher or lower than those reported by others- MBM5, DigiDoc, or however they are taken.

While I don't think that temp comparisons from one system to another are highly accurate, the most important thing to me is keeping an eye on MY system(s): if one pc shows a sudden increase of 10c then I know that something is wrong.

That is the main use I put temp readings to: health monitoring.

Back