• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

--MAX oc@default voltages--

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ok so i was bored earlier and was playing around.this is what i came up with so far. i have a few other ideas im tossing around yet also.

max out my cpu-ram-fsb all at defaul voltages 1.65v.i have a few reason for doing this.
1- my psu absolutly sux!
2-cooling fans are sparse at the moment."i just bought enough basic stuff to get my rig up and running".more and better stuff coming.
3-noise.i know its dumb to complain about it.but im stuck until i can build another h20 system for this one.i can do 2ghz easily.but much over that my psu craps out.4.64v on the 5v rail dont work!

ive gotten some killer results so far.
[email protected] fsb mem4-5ratio=179 fsb on mem 39c@idle 42c@load
100% stable 1929 mhz!its unlocked 13-22 on he multis.i can flash a old bios back and mabey get 13 and under back.or mabey just unlocking it will throw em back in the bios.ill look into it.

ive learned a few things also.
A-corsair ram rocks.179fsb is its max. and its just plain value ram stick 2100.some of ddr2700 sticks cant do that.
B-temps are great.and its quieter.well it will be whne i turn the fans down.will do when im finished playing this stuff out.
C-more stable. mostly since my psu sux.the more vcore i put in the worse the psu is.

Back