• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kx7 cas2 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Im using a kx7-333 and im not sure if this board lets you use 2 sticks of cas2 ram at the same time. Some boards will lower it to cas2.5 I hear, is this true with this board? I dont know which revision I have, to lazy to take this pc apart again. I dont know if revision has much to do with this anyway.

Im looking to buy a stick of pc3200 xms corsair 256 @CAS 2. Later on I want to get another stick when I have cash, probably a 512, and I really want to be able to run em at cas2, if I have to run at cas 2.5 im better of buying a 512 stick and wait a little while longer.

Krowa 02 said:
Im looking to buy a stick of pc3200 xms corsair 256 @cas 2. Later on I want to get another stick when I have cash, probably a 512, and I really want to be able to run em at cas2, if I have to run at cas 2.5 im better of buying a 512 stick and wait a little while longer.

While my other computer was down for repairs i had 2 sticks of 512MB Corsair MXS 3200PL C2.5 in my KX7raid in slots 1 and 3 and it was pumping out 205FSB at cas2. With just one stick i was able to run at 210-215 at c2.. So if ya grab a stick of 512 which ya should.. you'll be happy.

Keep in mind that you will have to have you timing relaxed when you get over the high 190s. It will run at cas 2 but you will need to keep the timmings at 3-3-6..

By the time you will have the cash to get a second stick of XMS, why not sell it here then buy the 512? You should be at 100 posts b then I am sure.

You would have no problem selling it.

Back