• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burning a pic onto a cdr.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tbird man

i was wondering if anyone knew of any free software that would allow you to burn a design onto the unused portion of a cd-r. or is this a drive specific feture? i have seen it elseware.

Only the newest yamaha supports it. (Of course I have seen pics on CDs a year ago, the CD was not a home made one.) My understanding is that only the newest version of NERO supports the pics feature. You can try d/ling the DEMO version of it. Although it could be specific to the version yamaha includes with there burners. If I remember corectly its speed is around 44X. There are two reviews for it at www.tomshardware.com

You have to have a hardware feature called "digital t@2" or something.
t@2 = t "at" two, or tatto.

Other CD-RW drives may be able to do it, but there is no programs (that I know of) that could do it.

Ok, here is the info most of ya'll are looking for...http://www.yamaha.com/yec/multimedia/customer/features/feat_prodsCRWF1_1.html

Apparently as of now, it's only this particular recorder that can burn the pic into the cd. Has anyone seen these in stores or online anywhere?

Edit: OK I just found one at Newegg.com for $145.00. I see they are a lot more than your regular cd-rw, but soon other companies will make them and the prices will start to fall...

Back